Hello, friends! It has been a while since the first Blogger Swap (November, to be exact), and I could not be more excited! Basically, a bunch of bloggers, myself included, paired up to send each other fun packages with little gifties inside, because who doesn’t love getting presents in the mail?!
For this swap I was paired with the lovely Miche of Buttons and Birdcages. I have to admit that I was very excited to have Miche as a partner because I absolutely love her style. If you’ve never checked out her blog before, um, you should ‘cuz she’s adorable and she puts together the cutest outfits! I sent her some fun goodies that you can read all about in her post.
Let’s see what Miche sent me!
Okay, so right away I opened the box and I saw this super fun polka dot tissue paper, that I might definitely have folded up so I can use it again haha! Anyway, first up she sent me this super cute Wizard of Oz card that has to be some of the most adorable stationary I’ve ever seen and I am slightly obsessed with stationary.
Wanna know what else was in the box?? Here’s a GIF!
As you can see, Miche sent me an assortment of cute stuff including some fun items from her town, Columbus, Ohio. Let’s break it down:
- A beautiful scarf with the most gorgeous floral print. I am already in love with this scarf and am plotting the various outfits I can pair it with. Funny story: I sent Miche a scarf as well; she wears them fairly often and the scarf I sent her was pretty darn cute. So cute, in fact, that I wanted to keep it for myself. The funny part: Miche confessed to me in her card that she was tempted to keep the scarf she sent me for herself as well haha! I think our tastes are pretty similar, which made this swap so fun!
- Some fun cream eyeliner by e.l.f. I have another confession, I only know how to wear eyeliner one way! I have always admired women who can not only pull of fun, winged eyeliner, but actually successfully apply it; so, I think this cream eyeliner kit will hopefully make it easier for me to give it a go – fingers crossed!!
- Super fun dangling earrings with teeny aqua blue beads. I actually used to have a similar pair of earrings that I can no longer find, so these are perfect! I don’t wear dangly earrings often, so I will be sure to pull these out when I am feeling a little more adventurous (ooer!). ;)
- An adorable blue and white chevron stripe bowl. OMG another funny story: the day before I got my package from Miche in the mail, I saw this exact bowl at Target and almost bought it, but then I was like, “Nah, I don’t really need it, even though it is super cute and totally matches my room…” It was meant to be! I mean, how could Miche have known I wanted this exact adorable, little bowl??
- Marsha’s Buckeyes. This is apparently a candy that Ohio is known for (probably because it’s the “Buckeye State.” I had not heard of these before, but now I want MORE! It’s basically this peanut butter mixture that is dipped in chocolate, giving it the look of a buckeye nut. Whatever, they were delicious and are now gone. :)
- A copy of Columbus Alive. So far as I can tell, this is very much like the O.C. Weekly or L.A. Weekly. It’s a weekly publication highlighting local restaurants, bars, things to do, etc. It’s primarily geared towards younger men and women, you know, those people who actually supposedly go out and do things. Nah, I jest, it was a very entertaining read, even if I’m an old grandma who goes to bed at 9:30 and falls asleep watching Murder, She Wrote. ;)
I love all of the pretty, fun things Miche sent me. Thank you, Miche!!! I am smitten with the scarf and the bowl and I hope I do you proud with the eyeliner (I promise I’ll practice haha!).
Don’t forget to check out the other bloggers participating in this month’s Blogger Swap:
Frou Frou by Love Nicky and Thrift Your Heart Out
Lemonade Runway and Fun Crafty Savy Mom
Dash of Rose and Being Zhenya
Extra Extravagant and That Cold September Night
Almost a Hippy and The Experimental Crafter
If you’re interested in joining an upcoming Blogger Swap, feel free to let me know in a comment below or email Miche from Buttons and Birdcages or Martyna from Spoolish directly (you’ll find their contact info on their blogs)!
As always, thanks for reading :), Kristi